What is Child Care Resource and Referral?
Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) helps families get access to quality early care and education, as well as school-age child care. These services are available in all 100 North Carolina counties through local private and non-profit organizations. CCRS regional call specialists can help you find childcare that meets the needs of your family.
How can I speak with a regional call specialist?
Click here to find a CCR&R agency in your county. The direct contact information, website, and address for your regional agency should appear.
What should I expect during a call to a CCRR specialist?
The call specialist will:
- Gather family information
- Assess needs and preferences
- Explain types of child care available
- Explain regulatory requirements (Star Rated License)
- Discuss importance of making program visits and what a parent should observe (quality indicators) or ask during a program visit
- Discuss the cost of child care and share information that may help pay the cost of care
- Provide referrals to licensed or license-exempt, legally operating programs
Need more information?
If you didn’t find what you need on this page or need more information on local resources, dial 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162. Our call specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Source: North Carolina Child Care Resource & Referral Council
Last updated 6/17/2022