Serving as a caregiver is a challenging role and it can be easy to feel overwhelmed. The Caregiver Outreach Program provides one-on-one emotional support, connection to resources, and a confidential space to talk about the highs and lows of caregiving.
How does the program work?
NC 211 is partnering with AARP to offer one-on-one phone calls with a dedicated and trained NC 211 Navigator that provides;
- Supportive listening
- Referrals to resources based on your request and needs
- Follow up calls regarding referrals to discuss any issues or additional needs
- Calls arranged to meet your schedule
Who is eligible for the Caregiver Outreach Program?
Any North Carolina resident who cares for an adult, without pay. You might be a caregiver if you are helping a friend or family member with any of these tasks:
- Transportation to appointments, therapies, or daily activities
- Managing finances or paying expenses
- Daily care support like medication management, meal preparation, and household chores
- Personal care, such as bathing or dressing
How can I enroll in the program?
There are two ways to enroll in the Caregiver Outreach Program:
- Call 2-1-1 or 1-888-892-1162 and request the Caregiver Outreach Program. You will be connected to an NC 211 navigator who can provide more information about the program and help you enroll.
- Complete the online referral form (English|Spanish) Caregivers can complete the form on their own behalf or agencies can complete it on behalf of a client. An NC 211 navigator will reach out via phone after receiving the form.
Last updated 11/1/2022