Interpersonal violence crisis hotlines are available to help victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, or human trafficking.
What hotlines are available?
The crisis hotlines below provide safe and confidential support across the United States. They offer peer support and advocacy, safety planning, crisis intervention, and more.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – Offers 24/7 support via phone, text, or chat. Call 1-800-799-7233, text “START” to 88788, or chat via the website.
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network) – Offers 24/7 support via phone or chat. Call 1- 800-656-4673 or chat via the website or app.
- StrongHearts Native Helpline – Offers 24/7, culturally-appropriate support and advocacy to Native Americans and Alaska Natives via phone or chat. Call 1-844-762-8483 or chat via the website.
- Kiran – Offers 24/7 support and advocacy via phone for South Asian languages including Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Malayalam, Nepali, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu. Call 1-877-625-4726.
- National Human Trafficking Hotline – Offers 24/7 support and advocacy via phone, text, or chat. Call 1-888-373-7888, text 233733, or chat via the website.
How can I find resources in my area?
The nationwide hotlines are not the only options – there are also local crisis hotlines available across North Carolina. Visit nc211.org and search either “Domestic Violence Hotlines,” “Human Trafficking Hotlines,” or “Sexual Assault Hotlines” to find a local resource.
Need more information?
Call 2-1-1 or 1-888-892-1162 to speak with an NC 211 call specialist.
Last updated 9/1/2022