The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that replaces the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program to help low-income households pay for internet service and connected devices.
How much assistance is provided through the Emergency Broadband Benefit?
Eligible households can receive:
- Up to a $30/month discount on internet service
- Up to a $75/month discount if household is on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
Who is eligible?
You are eligible if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Have an income that is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participate in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline
- Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program
- You already receive a Lifeline benefit.
CLICK HERE to learn more about eligibility
How can I apply?
- Submit the application online. CLICK HERE to access the application.
- Mail in the application in English or Spanish. CLICK HERE for instructions.
- Contact your internet company. If they participate in the ACP, they can help you apply through their company’s application process.
What documentation will I need to apply?
- If you participate in qualifying programs, provide a letter or official document as proof.
- If you qualify through your income you will need to provide a document that shows that your annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Documentation that verifies your identity (birth certificate, driver’s license, passport, green card, e.g.)
- Document that verifies your address (utility bill, lease statement, W-2, e.g.)
- If you live with another adult who participates in the ACP, you will need to complete the ACP Household Worksheet.
- If you are an emancipated minor, you must include court documents or certificate of emancipation.
Who can I contact with questions?
You can call the ACP Support Center at 877-384-2575 (7 days a week, 9am-9pm) or via email at ACPSupport@usac.org.
Last updated 1/11/2021