NCWorks Career Centers help individuals find jobs, strengthen skills, prepare for interviews, and more. There are more than 80 career centers across the state.
What services are offered?
- Career guidance
- Training and education programs
- Job fairs and workshops
- Information on the job market
- Assistance with searching for jobs
- Résumé and cover letter preparation
- Practice interviewing for jobs
- Free computer and Internet access
- Help registering with and using NCWorks Online
Do the career centers charge for their services?
No, all services are offered at no charge.
How can I find a career center near me?
You can use the NCWorks website to find a center in your zip code, county, or region.
Job-seekers can use NCWorks online to do the following:
- Search job postings pulled from thousands of job-search websites.
- Find training programs in the area.
- Learn how to transition to another career by studying the skills required in that industry and hearing from people who have already made that transition.
- Track the status of an application after it’s been submitted to an employer.
- Import professional information directly from a LinkedIn profile.
- Study real-time information on the labor market, including wage and labor projections.
- Share a job post through social media.
I lost my job due to COVID-19. Does NCWorks offer any help?
Yes. NCWorks offers job postings and information on unemployment insurance.
Need more information?
Call 2-1-1 or 1-888-892-1162 to speak with an NC 211 call specialist.
SOURCES: NC Department of Commerce and NCWorks