2-1-1. Three simple numbers that North Carolinians can dial to speak with a real person who can answer questions and provide connection to resources.
The spread of COVID-19 and the social and economic impacts that followed has proven that anyone can need help from time to time and it’s ok to reach out for support. United Way of North Carolina’s NC 211 is ready to help you get back on your feet when life gets challenging. Call specialists are available 24 hours a day and offer language translating services so that anyone can get the assistance they need. Calls to 2-1-1 are free and confidential.
Still wondering when or why to dial 2-1-1? Here are 11 reasons:
- Locate a food pantry near you.
- Find the nearest shelter when you don’t have a safe place to sleep at night.
- Access counseling services and emotional support hotlines.
- Receive accurate and vetted information during disasters when there is information overload.
- Find rent assistance programs when you’re struggling to pay your rent.
- Locate places in your community where you can lend a hand by volunteering or making a donation.
- Find utility assistance to help with the electric and water bills.
- Understand eligibility requirements for government assistance.
- Find services for senior citizens, including transportation and housing.
- Discover after school and educational opportunities for your child or dependent.
- Find services for veterans and military families.
What’s your reason for dialing 2-1-1?