Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) helps families get access to quality early care and education, as well as school-age child care. These services are available in all 100 North Carolina counties through local private and non-profit organizations. CCRS regional call specialists can help you find childcare that meets the needs of your family.
How can I speak with a regional call specialist?
Click here to find a CCR&R agency in your county. The direct contact information, website, and address for your regional agency should appear.
What should I expect during a call to a CCRR specialist?
The call specialist will:
- Gather family information
- Assess needs and preferences
- Explain types of child care available
- Explain regulatory requirements (Star Rated License)
- Discuss importance of making program visits and what a parent should observe (quality indicators) or ask during a program visit
- Discuss the cost of child care and share information that may help pay the cost of care
- Provide referrals to licensed or license-exempt, legally operating programs
Need more information?
Frequently asked questions can be found here. If you didn’t find what you need on this page or need more information on local resources, dial 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162. Our call specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Source: North Carolina Child Care Resource & Referral Council