There are many resources that can help you determine a career path and find a sustainable job in North Carolina.
Where can I get help with job placement?
NCWorks Career Center offers many free resources that can help you with your job search, including:
- Career assessment and guidance
- Resume and cover letter preparation
- Job market information
- Computer and internet access
- Job search assistance
- Job fair and workshop information
- Training and educational programs
- Interview practice and preparation
- Help registering and using NCWorks online
Where can I get career counseling?
- NC Careers provides information about jobs, education, training, occupational ratings, employment outlook, wages and more. This resource can help you determine a career path that will work for your lifestyle and personal situation.
- My Next Move will help you determine which career path is best for you based on your interests and skill set.
- MySkills MyFuture is design for individuals have already been in the work force for some time and are looking for a career change or have recently been laid off. This resource will help align the skills and knowledge you already have with potential jobs.
- O*Net provides information on occupations, provides labor market information, skill assessment guides, and much more.
Need more information?
Frequently asked questions can be found here. If you didn’t find what you need on this page or need more information on local resources, dial 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162. Our call specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Source: NC Department of Commerce